The New Nutty Buddy
Do you have any idea what a handful of natural raw ALMONDS can do for you? Here’s why I gave it the nickname…”The New Nutty Buddy.”
- Almonds are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber and healthy fats. Studies show that eating almonds (and other nuts) can increase satiety and help you eat fewer calories. Combined with the hunger-fighting properties, it makes sense that nuts are a great addition to an effective weight loss diet.
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to ageing and disease.
- Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E. Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits.
- Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that most people don’t get enough of. High magnesium intake may have major benefits for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Low magnesium levels are strongly linked to high blood pressure, indicating that almonds can be beneficial for blood pressure control.
- Eating 1-2 handfuls of almonds per day can lead to mild reductions in LDL cholesterol levels. They do more than just lower LDL levels in the blood. They also protect the LDL from oxidation, which is a crucial step in the heart disease stages.
So the next time you visit your local supermarket or convenience store, pick up a few bags of natural raw Almonds. Keep a bag in your car, in your desk drawer at work, and in your kitchen cupboard. Make almonds your new Nutty Buddy and hunger will be a thing of the past.
Sources: Authority Nutrition. All rights reserved and Stock Photos. All rights reserved.