I am writing this letter to express my true love for you. I don’t think you understand how much you give me life! The thought of going one day without you makes me weak, flushed with fever. Every cell in my body yearns to have you. Please believe me when I say, “I would just die without you.”
SMH…Some of you actually thought I was talking to my husband, didn’t ya? I must admit that I do love him too, but the Bae I’m referring to is WATER, H2O, Agua!! Lol!
Seriously, I am astonished at how many people I come across who would rather reach for something other than a good tall glass of water. I mean, how can you not like something that does your body good? Water aids in good digestion; protects your tissues, spinal cord, and joints; and prevents you from becoming dehydrated.
Water can also help you lose weight, but you have to do a whole lot more than rely on it to do so by itself. When it comes to hair growth and strengthening, water flushes out toxins faster, which can make your hair grow a lot faster.
I love drinking water daily. Not only is it essential for my health, it helps moisten my vocal cords, clears up my skin, and it fills me up. I, unlike others, truly enjoy its quenching taste. (I can hear some of my friends saying, “WATER AIN’T GOT NO TASTE!” Lol! Well, my friends, do yourself a huge favor and try to chug some down anyway!!
“When life give you water, don’t go and make lemonade.” –Sheryta Spears Samuel
As I reflect back on what I looked like a year ago, I say to myself, “Wow, I had no idea.” “Girl, look what you’ve done to yourself.” “Girl, bye!!” Lol!
You know how it is when the garbage in your house smells, but you can’t smell it? Well, that’s exactly what happened here. I was completely unaware of the stinch.
So one day, it finally clicked. I decided it was time to treat myself better. It’s been months in the making, but I can now proudly say that living a healthier lifestyle is the best thing that I’ve ever done for myself.
You can take control too by educating yourself on nutrition and believing that hard work ALWAYS pays off. Make up your mind to treat yourself better in 2017 and I promise you’ll feel and look better for as long as you stay committed.
Happy New You…and Me! 😉
Do you have any idea what a handful of natural raw ALMONDS can do for you? Here’s why I gave it the nickname…”The New Nutty Buddy.”
- Almonds are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber and healthy fats. Studies show that eating almonds (and other nuts) can increase satiety and help you eat fewer calories. Combined with the hunger-fighting properties, it makes sense that nuts are a great addition to an effective weight loss diet.
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to ageing and disease.
- Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E. Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits.
- Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that most people don’t get enough of. High magnesium intake may have major benefits for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Low magnesium levels are strongly linked to high blood pressure, indicating that almonds can be beneficial for blood pressure control.
- Eating 1-2 handfuls of almonds per day can lead to mild reductions in LDL cholesterol levels. They do more than just lower LDL levels in the blood. They also protect the LDL from oxidation, which is a crucial step in the heart disease stages.
So the next time you visit your local supermarket or convenience store, pick up a few bags of natural raw Almonds. Keep a bag in your car, in your desk drawer at work, and in your kitchen cupboard. Make almonds your new Nutty Buddy and hunger will be a thing of the past.
Sources: Authority Nutrition. All rights reserved and Stock Photos. All rights reserved.
Oftentimes, I forget the best way to settle a dispute is through compromise. Just this morning, I asked my husband if he wanted me to make some homemade soup and his answer was, “You can make YOU some soup.” SMH
Here’s the problem… While I am focused on practicing a healthier lifestyle, my husband is going off the deep end with his eating habits. My biggest concern is the chance of my eating habits taking a turn for the worse if I make his taste buds top priority. I didn’t say this out loud, but my initial thought was, “You’re gonna eat this soup today or starve.” I then thought to myself, “How much time will it take for me to just create two separate dishes?” I also thought, “Do I really want to expend my energy being mad today or at peace?”
The fact is, after a little creativity, it didn’t take me very long at all to create my healthy choice meal and his hardy man meal. I used the same basic ingredients to include ground turkey, onions, peppers, and chopped spinach. Of course, I opted for zucchini noodles for my soup and I incorporated white rice into his dish.
At the end of the day, It was a win win situation!! It was just that simple…because I chose to compromise and create two similar styled meals, I didnt have to compromise my peace of mind on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. 😉
I am by no means a shopaholic, but I do have a few favorite places that I have to hit up in order to release some feel good hormones. 😉 Check out my Top 5 places to visit:
1. I could eat at this spot everyday for the rest of my life!! When we drive past a McAllister’s, I’m reminded of when we were kids and how we would get all excited when we saw all of those beautifully lit restaurant signs. My momma would drive right on past them, somewhat like Mr. Dorian Samuel. If they don’t serve rice, he’s not interested. lol That’s okay, I’m perfectly fine with stopping in and eating solo. I am praying one hits Conway, SC soon. What a day of rejoicing that would be… 😉
2. Call me a good fool, but I get caught up looking at all of those neatly stacked reams of paper, cute desktop organizers, and electronic gadgets that Office Depot has on display. I find myself walking up and down the same aisles picking up the same things over and over again. Yep, it’s hard to make a final decision. Don’t judge… 😉
3. “Oh my goodness,” in She-nay-nay’s voice!! When you know you want something good to eat and can’t quite put your finger on what it is, stop by Tropical Smoothie Café and get yourself one of these bad boys. Hey, it relaxes your nerves… no joke. Whenever I get my hands on one of these fruity babies, I’m good to go. Whether it’s for breakfast or lunch, it’s a sure pleaser!
4. What girly girl wouldn’t want this to be her current situation right about now? Ulta Beauty knew what they were doing when they established this entrapment!! Lol! We are often held hostage to their endless variety of cosmetics. If you’ve never been there, it is a must to test out their host of fragrances. I am known for hanging around in the smell good department until I literally run out of places on my arms to spray. Oh and might I add that this top 5 pick is like paradise for all of my skincare lovers. You gotta love the fact that most of their skincare products have sunscreen in them? Let me stop, I could go on and on about this place.
5. My final place that I love to hit up is Walgreens! Gotta have some Walgreens in my life! I can’t count how many late nights I’ve spent up in there. Just about everything you think you’re gonna need in the near future is in Walgreens. Lol! When I leave this earth, I want my Walgreens card to go with me. Ain’t nobody spending my hard-earned points. Lol!!
The one thing that I have to be conscious of on a daily basis is the health and strength of my voice. As a singer of Tru Sol Band, I would say I’ve probably sang over 5,000 songs this year alone. I’ve been on the band for 10 years, so you do the math. 😉 People ask me all of the time, “How do you do it?” All I can say is, “By the grace of God!” Also, I’ve found a few remedies along the way that keep my vocal cords fine tuned.
One product that I’ve discovered to be really helpful is Emergen-C. In my line of work, I freak out at the mere sign of a scratchy throat. When I feel the sensation coming on, I immediately stop what I’m doing and go grab my Emergen-C packets. I kid you not, in less than 24 hours, I notice a big difference. My scratchy throat symptoms are gone.
Not only does taking these packets help my throat, this stuff works wonders on my immune system. I actually take it daily as a multivitamin. I really enjoy the taste and how it supports my day-to-day energy. I feel better about my health when I drink it, and know I am taking better care of my body at the same time.
Here is a list of all of the different flavors Emergen-C has to offer:
- Super Orange
- Acai Berry
- Pink Lemonade
- Blue (Triple Berry)
- Planet (Dragon Fruit)
- (New) Coconut – Pineapple
- (New) Strawberry- Kiwi
Emergen-C also offers specialty formulas for joint heath, heart health, kid formulas; and other formulas concentrating on immune health. For your own free samples, visit https://www.emergenc.com/free-sample.